Monday, January 26, 2009

Brrrrrr... Wikipedia taught me everything I know.

I always thought that the colder it was the more it snowed - simple I know - but, yup, I was wrong. Apparently there is an optimal temperature for snow to form and to fall, and there are lots of different snow crystals that form under different temperatures. Amazing.


from here


But it has been crazy snow-less weather here in Fernie, currently it is hovering around -20 and, holy moley -20 is very fresh. The problem is that we need a mix of high and low pressure systems that we're not getting, which makes me sad, but at the same time no snow hill in Canada is having snow, which makes me happy-er.




So I'm planning a trip to Mexico and Cuba at the end of the season and reading about Palm tree lined white sandy beaches is making me warm and fuzzy. (I do realise they will be full of people selling me stuff, stealing my stuff and strutting their stuff, but I would like to dream for uno momento, por favor.) I am gonna tell you that I will try and learn Spanish for the trip, but I'm not gonna lie to you, I don't find language - or promises - easy at all.


from here

Ah, travel is so great and whimsical.
xx j.


No comments: