Before we go on a welcom abord to Miss Veronica Darling who is taking on a 1P3W challenge. Her's are going to be lovely. Anywho I got this fabric at an Op shop for a buck. Bargain, (even though I swore never to buy polyester again.)
Hungover on Saturday I though I'd give garment 2/5 a try. It really was pretty good and nice and easy, a singlet with a deep back and a sash and massive bow at the back for interest.
Things I learned.
- Measure, measure, measure.
- A pattern that looks awesome in stretch knit is going to need to be bigger in polyester and zips/fasteners/press studs etc. will need to be employed.
- I am hopeless at making sashes, they just end up like tubes.
So here we have the front (held together.... hehe!)
And the back where I was trying to get all fancy and do something a little different.
I think this one is savable and with a little tweaking could be nice, despite the fact that I'm sure I will sweat in all that polyester.
A little dejected on Sunday I tried another version of the Lydia pattern, this time in safe-as-houses knit which feels lovely (and clings to everything) and is great for work on the 30+ degree days. Simple.
I'm really liking this challenge, it's making my mind tick over.
Finally, I am so stoked that I have raised this little guy from seed and he didn't die on me and my black thumbs!