Sunday, June 6, 2010

Coffee Date Dress with a collar

So I made The Selfish Seamstress's Coffee Date dress but added a collar instead of the frill she uses. It's an easy pattern and it was a confidence project because I've been screwing up a lot of my projects lately - don't ask what happened to the red stripy project, it will never be mentioned again. I'm trying to make these projects skill builders and I've realised that I have serious zip issues - why can I never get time to match? I even refrained from sewing the back seam until I had sewed the zip so that I could line it up and it was perfect... but then BAM! not perfect and I don't know why!!! Frustrating to say the least, but something else I need to work on. Anyway here was the result:








I fixed that old necklace too which has been one of those things I've been meaning to do for ages.

And I was very happy that I didn't stuff up because I was running out of thread quickly.



Thanks Selfish Seamstress for the great and easy pattern and the inspiration!

xx j.


2 comments:

Veronica Darling... said...

What kind of material is it? Looks nice for winter!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Dress. I really like the detailing.