Thursday, September 27, 2012

Loving: President Obama on Reddit.

I love finding out about new programs or apps or technologies, that's why I follow Photojojo, they're constantly trying things out and sharing  all things new in photography. That's why I was so amazed by This is Colossal. I think it is so crucial to continually try new thing and find out how they fit or don't fit with what you're doing, if you never try you'll never know. It is for this reason that I offically love Barack Obama's campagin. And I'll never get to vote for him. But seriously our Australian politicians should take a leaf out of his book. He just did an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit. Good on him for taking the risk to go onto an open site that is ignored/misunderstood by many, good on him for trying it out and seeing the reacction, I don't even fully understand Reddit and here is the busiest man in the world sitting down to connect with a very select group of people on the internet and putting himself out there. And it's not just Reddit, it's twitter, car magnets, facebook, dinner with normal people. Full credit to his team and full credit to him for trying everything.

Thanks James Manning for your article this morning in The Age and linking into the Pres's Ask Me Anything Reddit. Yeah, sure, there is good and evil stuff on the internet. But that's life, that's where we rely on our instinct and our ethics to guide us. More to the point, it's time to look at trying something new, being a little more cutting edge, stepping out of the comfort zone and seeing what happens. I don't know how I'm going to back this up, but I will be constant searching for the new, different, exciting, let me know if you find anything.


xx j.

No comments: