Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bridesmaid dresses... eeeeeek!

My stunning and gorgeous friend asked me to be a bridesmaid and then announced that she was going to make her own wedding dress and the 3 bridesmaids dresses. Yay, what an adventure. THAT I COULDN'T LET HER GO ON!

You see the stunner (who also saves lives by day and is super motivated about life by night) only had 6 crazy months to get it all done. While fitting in a month overseas, 3 months working away from home and a .... how to put it.... interesting in-law "situation".

No way was this bridesmaid going to let her bride be stressed out over dress making. I got to make 2 out of the 3 and thoroughly enjoyed the whole process.  It helps when the bride has simply amazing taste in the ladies.

It doesn't help when she chooses french lace worth more than my fridge. I must admit that the french lace freaked me out. Thinking back, I recall a month of phone calls going something like this:
Bride: "How's the dresses going?"
Me: "Great, great, great! Couldn't be better!!!!!"
Bride: "You haven't cut out the lace have you?"
Me: "...Sure...I...have... a little lace doesn't scare me...much..."

Suffice to say once I actually grew a pair and made the decisions I needed to make I learnt a lot about beautiful lace and how it can transform a beautiful dress into something quite special.

To boot it was perfect wedding and she's married a winner. Gush, gush, gush.

The dresses:
(excited pre wedding pic)

Pattern reviews to come.

xx j.

No comments: