Photo from Flickr taken by Ben Loveridge
It would be great to finish our round the world trip with a music festival, but then again Mexico and tacos, mojitos and sombreros are pretty damn good too. And to be honest with you I'm a pretty lucky girl I've been to heaps of festivals in my time including Exit in Serbia, Nibe in Denmark and the Mogul Smoker here in Fernie (at -40 degrees!). But if I could I would go to these ones (including all the ones I've mentioned already - read: to lazy to retype!) :
* Roskilde, Denmark - because I wasn't allowed to go in 2000 when Pearl Jam played
*Electric Picnic, Ireland - because I didn't get to go last year and it sounded awesome via the radio
* Burning Man Festival, Nevada - because it would be like no other music/art festival
* Glastonbury, England - because I should, really.
* Blues and Roots, Byron Bay - because I really like blues and roots and don't listen to it enough
* Mt Fuji Rock Festival, Japan - because Japanese bands are crazy and ski hills in summer are beautiful
* Queenscliff Music Festival, Victoria - because it's so chilled
* Sziget, Budapest - because Hungry is the coolest place
* Pukkelpop, Belgium - because Jono went and said it was wicked
* Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden - because Sweden has the best rock bands i.e. The Hives
All this talk of festivals and this guy has written a book! A Year of Festivals by Jarvis Hammond. I know what book I will be reading next. What a great idea. Nice one Jarvis.